Sunday, March 22, 2015

Done running. HA HA get the joke?

Dear Lone Peak Creative Writing, 

Writing is something i'm not good at. I am not one that enjoys reading blogs all night long and one that can write amazing posts that make people shiver. I am the type that struggles with getting my thoughts out. I have so many but I just don't know how to write them down. I think about everything. I enjoy sitting and just watching people. Maybe that makes it look like i'm sad, just sitting there not talking. Hey maybe some days I am, but mostly its my head spinning with over-anylizing thoughts. Me not being able to formulate these thoughts into paragraphs probably makes it seem like I am not trying or don't care. You have no idea how long I sit and try to think of something extraordinary. It just never comes. Yes I am comparing to the posts that I have read or that are shared. They are all so good. I wish I could tell you my thoughts and have you write them and make them art. It doesn't help that I have to have the dumb football player label either. Ya I may be a jock. Ya I sit in front of the knight at lunch. That doesn't mean anything. I wish the knight wasn't even real. I wish this stupid school didn't have clicks. This might be hypocritical and if it is I don't mean it to be. I just wish everyone could be friends and there didn't have to be labels. I don't want the jock label. I actually hate being called the football player because it automatically puts the reputation on me of one of those kids. So i'm sorry. I am just done of hiding and trying to be someone I am not. 

Sincerely,
Cameron Ure 

9 comments:

  1. Wow. This was amazing on so many levels. Hey writing isn't for all of us. Everyone expresses themselves differently. Don't let that make you feel any worse than anyone else because you're not. This post was incredible and I'd say that up there^^ is good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the not being able to get your thoughts out sometimes. That's so real it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how relatable you sound. Your blog sounds like talking... It may not
    Be poetic or bring me shivers. But it's just pure character. It makes me nod my head and also laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't apologize. THIS is writing. THIS is real. THIS is you. And I would much rather read pure, honest-to-goodness YOU than anything else. Anything else would be fake. Thanks for posting Cameron :)
    I enjoyed this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. cameron ure. you don't know who i am. at least not yet. maybe you will soon, or maybe you won't. like you said, you don't read blogs all night. but if you read this comment, i want you to know that this blog was one of the first ones i fell in love with. and i don't want to go on and on even though i probably could, i just want you to know that this post was extraordinary. even if you feel like it wasnt. it was. because it was you and it was real. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Cam. You're a good writer, you're real. This post is real.
    Also people might see you as a stereotypical jock from a distance. They might think badly of you when you're sitting by the knight. But I've gotten to know you this past year, and you are real. You're nothing like the stereotypical jock football player.
    Don't apologize, this is amazing. And this was way brave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being real Cameron. I've always been kind of afraid of football players, and we don't know each other super well, but we had a class together last year and you were super nice to me and you may not even remember that but I do. And that completely changed my view of football players. Random, but true. Keep it up, man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cameron this is so relatable to me. I hate the clicks at this school and I feel like I can never be a good writer. But this is GOOD writing. I love your blog and I think you are an excellent writer. I know we're not really close but I want you to know how highly I think of you. You keep doing you.

    ReplyDelete