Sunday, April 12, 2015

This isn't even going to be about shoes.

This is going to be one of those times when Nelson gives a prompt and I am going to somewhat follow it and then go a totally different way with it.

I love my shoes. I have a solid Four pairs. Five if you count sandals. Let's meet my shoes. 

Shoe 1- These are my nikes. Well one of my nikes. These are more new then my second pair. I got them for Christmas and was a little surprised because I never get another pair of shoes until I need them,  but hey, I wasn't complaining. These shoes fit a little bit tighter then my others. This might be because I got too small of a size but felt to bad to return them, because you know returning a present is just rude. So, I squeeze into them. These are the shoes that I wear when I am wearing clothes that match. Don't get me wrong I do NOT pick out my "outfits" and make sure they look good together. I just make sure stuff matches, because there is nothing worse then not matching in my mind. Also, these shoes make my feet hot which means stinky feet sometimes. Which is the downside to these shoes. 

Shoe Pair 2- These are also my nikes. These are much older then the pair above but I still like them just as much. These are a lot looser on my feet then my red nikes. Which means they are more comfortable but also take away the feeling like I can go run a million miles. Another plus is that they always keep my feet comfortably cool. I also where these shoes to match. 

Shoe pair 3- These are my church shoes. They are extremely comfortable and fit like a glove. These are only worn for church or events when I am dressing up. I have had these for a very long time and have gone to many school dances in them. They have been through a lot of awesome door step scenes and also the awkward ones. They are getting a little old and I am going to have to retire them before I go on the mish. Gotta get an upgrade. Which brings me to why this isn't even about shoes. 

Shoe pair 4- They are sandals. Ya thats about it. They have a cafeteria band from CEU (football Camp) still on them which I am very proud that it is still on there. 

Shoe pair 5- These are my running shoes. The newest addition to my shoe collection. They are already dirty because pretty much the only place I go running is up in the mountains but that is for another post. These shoes are still being broken in but they are very comfortable and super breathable. So I like them so far. 




Anyways.

Is it just me that ever thinks about objects not just being objects, like if they had feelings how would they feel. Almost like Toy Story but with everything.

I will start with shoes. Tomorrow I don't know what shoes I am going to wear. Not Pair 3. For sure not 4. Probably pair 2. Then I think, how does that make the other shoes feel. Left behind? Not liked? Not Comforting enough? How awful would it be if every object actually had feelings and knew what was going on.

My pillow would feel like a punching bag that has to comfort my head at night, gets left all day, and then on bad days gets smacked around without even knowing what it did. Then it brings the thought to my head, is that a purpose a pillow, to get your anger out on it? 

What about that sock that we all have that never gets worn. It stays at the bottom of our drawer everyday in the dark. Surrounded by socks that get worn once a week. Have been washed in the last month. Have actually felt what its like to be put on. It would give up getting holes in it all over if it could be worn just once. I try to wear every sock I have just because if socks do have feelings, I don't want them to feel left out, because that feeling sucks. 

Then there is the golf ball that was hit only once, and for the couple of seconds that it is flying through the air doing the exact thing its supposed to do. Until suddenly it splashes down and starts to sink in the pond. Looking up at you as it sinks deeper and deeper. Watching you decide if it is worth going in for, and then watching you walk away. I hate thinking like this because it makes me feel awful because I know how it feels to be left behind.

People are the exact same way. We can't always yell out and say no don't forget me, please wear me around and act like you care to have me, or stop beating me up and actually show you like my company. This doesn't mean we don't feel these things. I sure do. 

1 comment:

  1. Um the pillow part so good. And the part about the golf ball. This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete