Sunday, April 19, 2015

I dont like remembering

I remember going to the first day of church.
I remember the song me and Alex boxed to.
I remember not being friends anymore.
I remember when she got cancer.
I remember when she died.
I remember how he cut me out of his life, just because I was trying to help.
I remember skateboarding.
I remember tackling him in fourth grade, it gave me a headache and I had to go home.
I remember being a happy kid.
I remember missing my brother.
I remember him trading our family for it.
I remember all the fights.
I remember my mom trying to hide that she was crying.
I remember the night when they told us.
I remember Valentines day.
I remember no one caring.
I remember no one coming to say good bye.
I remember freshman year.
I remember hating everyone.
I remember the batman shirt I still have, and i bet she doesn't even remember me.
I remember running away because my sister yelled at me for spilling the lemonade.
I remember how hard it was to just walk away.
I remember how judgmental everyone was.
I remember them trying to intimidate me.
I remember my first time sitting in that chair.
I remember the email that changed my life.
I remember getting in a fight right before a baptism.
I remember beating Eldorado in eighth grade.
I remember the feeling of the burning turf under my feat.
I remember going back and hating it.
I remember my parents figuring out that we would always walk home together.
I remember going under water and coming up like i just shook hands with the devil.
I remember when he shaved his head.
I remember when he never showed p and left me just waiting.
I remember what real friends feel like.
I remember it being fake.
I remember watching the stars.

2 comments:

  1. "I remember going under water and coming up like I just shook hands with the devil." Snaps. This post was too good... Very real... Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit this one right on the head. Like you killed this promt. I loved that you were real. #top5

    ReplyDelete