Saturday, February 21, 2015

Jenga

I used to think that my family was un-touchable to problems. 

To the 12 P.M. fights when they thought i couldn't hear, but i heard every word.

 Thats when the bricks started to get pulled out. 

It's like my family life was a game of Jenga and every time something happened a brick was pulled out.


 A brick when he got caught. 

A brick when they couldn't decide what to do.

 At least three or four when he decided to go down that path, falling off the deep end. 

Then my parents told us, and the whole stack of bricks crumbled to the ground. 

The mess was impossible to clean up. 

He never helped. He refused to even try.

 Our stack of bricks called family seemed like it was never going to be put back together. 

We had to try though. Brick by brick coming back together. 

Having times like we used to.

 I hope he remembers the nights when we would have talks. 

He gave me advice. 

Some was good, but we where talking and thats all that mattered.

 Adding bricks one after the other. 

Our stack of bricks is almost as big as it used to be. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't even know what to say about it this. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts and very real. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new. Fresh. Great concept for a bricks post.

    ReplyDelete