Sunday, April 26, 2015

My heart

I can't tell you how my heart does it. Keeps it together and can hold so much.

I am not one to open up and talk about my feelings to anyone, ever. I am the type of person that just listens to other peoples hearts. I like to help people when they get there heart broken, or when there heart feels like it's upside down and isn't working the right way. Then they ask me how my heart is. In reply it is always the same response.

I'm fine.

I don't let my heart open up and talk to people. I am too scared of what it might say.

My heart is a secure bunker that takes time and skill to get into. It is only opened up to things of the most importance in my life.

I have made the mistake of letting people into my life that have left a bomb, got out and waited to watch my heart crumble to the ground. I have sense then double my security and made sure that everyone is cleared before entering. It would probably be easier to break into the White House lets just say that.

Sometimes I wish I could have a talk with my heart. Tell it to chill out on the caring. Let it know that not every single thing in my life has to be cared about, but no matter what it always ends up doing the exact opposite. Don't get me wrong caring is a good thing and I am glad my heart is functioning in that way but it sometimes works to hard on caring and not enough on knowing what is best for me.

I feel like I was given to many feelings for a guy. Like aren't guys supposed to just be able to forget? That would be nice that's for sure. It might just because my brain and heart are connected by a short cord and my heart is able to over power my brain, even if my brain is just trying to forget.

Your heart can kill you, but is the only thing that makes us feel alive.

With out my heart I would not be able to pick up my niece and hold her and listen to her tiny little heart beat at a million beats per second. I wouldn't be able to hear her crying and never want to hear it again because something that precious should never be crying.

Without my heart I wouldn't be able to hug my mom every night and realize that one day I wont be able to feel her arms around me.

I wouldn't be able to feel sadness and how much it hurts to be lied to.

I wouldn't be able to be who am.

My heart is who I am, the real me.

So get to know me and I might introduce you.

4 comments:

  1. "I'm too scared of what it might say"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I don't let my heart open up and talk to people. I am too scared of what it might say." i completely relate. and that last line. that is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart can kill you, but is the only thing that makes us feel alive.

    this line was gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could really hear your voice through this whole post and that Is something I'd like to work on. good job

    ReplyDelete